Testing interview questions and answers
|Questions : 1||Do you know what the mean of CMM and TMM?|
|Answers : 1|
Capability maturity model and testing maturity model
|Questions : 2||How many Effort Estimation methods available in market for Testing?|
|Answers : 2|
A Effort estimation consists in predict how many hours of work and how many workers are needed to develop a project. The effort invested in a software project is probably one of the most important and most analysed variables in recent years in the process of project management. The determination of the value of this variable when initiating software projects allows us to plan adequately any forthcoming activities. As far as estimation and prediction is concerned there is still a number of unsolved problems and errors. To obtain good results it is essential to take into consideration any previous projects. Estimating the effort with a high grade of reliability is a problem which has not yet been solved and even the project manager has to deal with it since the beginning.
|Questions : 3||What are the different Methodologies in Agile Development Model?|
|Answers : 3|
There are currently seven different Agile methodologies that I am aware of:
|Questions : 4||How the 2 wings and body of the Butterfly Model of Test Development is Represented? |
|Answers : 4|
The Butterfly Model focuses on verification and validation of software products and is therefore a good fit for software testing tasks that are incorporated into the V-model of software development. This model provides a graphic picture of the complexity of test tasks using the outline of a butterfly. The areas occupied by the wings and body are approximately related to the level of effort afforded to each of the activities included in the model. In addition to this the reference of the butterfly stems from Chaos theory which states that a small disturbance in part of a system can have huge consequences in some other part of the system. The development of a software system has certain similarities. Small modifications or errors in code may result in significant degradations in an application's performance. The model establishes three general areas of test activities that are illustrated by the butterfly's graphic outline. They are:
|Questions : 5||What does the mclabe cyclomatic complexity of a program determine?|
|Answers : 5|
Cyclomatic complexity is likely the most widely used complexity metric in software engineering. It describes the complexity of a procedure by measuring the linearly independent paths through its source code. .
|Questions : 6||How do you obtain the expected results for testing a search operation?|
|Answers : 6|
1) Corresponding Search Window should be opened & hold corresponding field names in that.
|Questions : 7||Describe to the basic elements you put in a defect report?|
|Answers : 7|
|Questions : 8||What is Impact analysis? As a tester how will you do impact analysis in your project?|
|Answers : 8|
Suppose after completion of an application or module, if another module is to be added, then we need to test the new module as well as the impacted area which is affected by adding a new module.
|Questions : 9||What is the main Goal of Defect Prevention meeting?|
|Answers : 9|
Closed defects can be reopened due to some of the following reason:
|Questions : 10||What are the factors affecting a manual testing project and what are the ways to overcome it?|
|Answers : 10|
1. Go for Manual Testing in the following cases: Unstable Software. To explore New Software. No Automation suite available. Adhoc testing (unplanned test cases). Not critical project & only one time testing & the effort required is less than the effort required for automation.
|Questions : 11||How do you verify the test results and How do you proceed when you do not get the expected results?|
|Answers : 11|
We need to check whether Expected Result coresponding to Test case mentioned in Test Case Document is same as Actual Result.If they are same then Test Case passes and if they are not same then we have to see what is different and why it different. After narrowing down we need to raise a defect and map that defect to a Test case.
|Questions : 12||In real time how you do the Soak Testing?|
|Answers : 12|
Soak Testing: Running a system at high load for a prolonged period of time. For example, running several times more transactions in an entire day (or night) than would be expected in a busy day, to identify and performance problems that appear
|Questions : 13||What do you mean by Trend Analysis?|
|Answers : 13|
In project management trend analysis is a mathematical technique that uses historical results to predict future outcome. This is achieved by tracking variances in cost and schedule performance. In this context it is a project management quality control tool.
|Questions : 14||How you will write test cases for integration testing? Explain me with an example ?|
|Answers : 14|
Integration testing is actually composed of different types of tests, but its objective is to ensure that the interaction of two or more components produces results taht satisfy functional testing requirements. For Example: Let A and B be two components in which A calls B. Â Â Â Let Ta be the component level tests of A Â Â Â Let Tb be the component level tests of B Â Â Â TabÂ The tests in A's suite that cause A to call B. Â Â Â TbsaÂ The tests in B's suite for which it is possible to sensitize A Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â -- the inputs are to A, not B. Â Â Â Tbsa + Tab == the integration test suite (+ = union).
|Questions : 15||What is the difference between interoperability and compatibility testing with some examples?|
|Answers : 15|
Interoperatability:-To check if the software can co exist with other supporting softwares in the system
|Questions : 16||What is 'fish pond analysis' w.r.t software testing?|
|Answers : 16|
This is one of the SDLC process generally we are following. Its like in fish model thats why it got the name like that.
|Questions : 17||What does a manual tester need to become proficient with DB Testing?|
|Answers : 17|
Need knowledge of SQL query
|Questions : 18||What is difference between Validation and Verification?|
|Answers : 18|
Varification: it is the process of confirming that s/w "meets its specification".It involves reviews and meetings to evaluate documents,plans,code,requirement and specification.This can be done with checklist,issues lists amd walkthroughs.
|Questions : 19||What is difference between Known regression Testing and Unknown Regression testing?|
|Answers : 19|
Regression testing means it is the type of testing in which one will conduct testing on an already tested functionality again and again. Regression testing will be conducted in two situations.
|Questions : 20||What is Quality Matrix in Software Testing?|
|Answers : 20|
By word quality we may be more generalized towards our target. but being a quality contious a "quality matix" should have; 1. logical parameterization of our parameters i.e. first we should confirm that is parameter "a" has logical connection with parameter "b"
|Questions : 21||Which testing method is used to check the software in abnormal condition?|
|Answers : 21|
Which testing method is used to check the software in abnormal condition?
Posted On 06/03/2012
- php remove class and inline css
- php word limit
- sql replace
- PHP prepend leading zero before single digit number
- All About Mysql with example advance query
- jquery add new input field
- WordPress Get Specific Page content
- WordPress Get resent post
- php whois domain checking simple script
- simple css horizontal menu code
- youtube php api to reading title & length
- div Tab menu using CSS
- Textarea resize on hove and mouse click
- Create Tab Menu Using Div
- Renaming & reading file name using .bat
- simple jquery slider code
- rewrite rules htaccess or how to create short url in php
- php Set Timezone by country
- simple jquery for date picker
- php remove spacial characters
- single page website
- php deleting multiple data using checkbox
- SELECT OR DESELECT Multiple Checkbox
- php image re-size script
- php read file from directory
- php connect to mysql
- PHP tips and tricks
- Get and output the source of the homepage of a website
- php login scrpit
- php image watermark script
- PHP to Force a File Download
- php pagination script
- simple php file upload code
- How to set a div to auto adjust it's height with available browser height
- php script send email with attachment
- Mysql interview questions and answers
- CSS3 interview questions and answers
- HTML5 interview questions and answers
- PHP interview questions and answers
- How do I clear all the entries from just one table in MySQL with PHP
- PHP Reading a file line by line
- filter email id from a string
- php mysql how to get unique data from table
- php how to short array by alphabetical order
- javascrpit iframe break code
- php defining maximum character of string
- php Remove extension from a filename
- Do you know you can watch Star wars Text movie from your computer.
- Interesting Computer tricks -- try it
- improve your internet speed using gpedit.msc
- php xml site map script